PhD Forum - Call for Submissions
The PhD forum is hosted by the European Design Automation Association (EDAA), the ACM Special Interest Group on Design Automation (SIGDA), and the IEEE Council on Electronic Design Automation (CEDA). The forum is a great opportunity for PhD students who have completed their PhD thesis within the last 12 months or who are close to complete their thesis to present their work to a broad audience in the system design and design automation community from both industry and academia. The forum may also help students to establish contacts for entering the job market. In addition, representatives from industry and academia get a glance of state-of-the-art in system design and design automation.
The following two classes of students are eligible:
- Students who have finished their PhD thesis within the last 12 months and
- Students who are close to complete their thesis work.
- A poster presentation at the PhD Forum
- Eligibility to win the PhD Forum Award
- Contacts to professionals from industry and academia
- Possibility to distribute flyers summarizing the PhD work
- Possibility to apply for travel grants once the acceptance of the submission has been acknowledged
- FREE registration for the DATE Monday tutorials
- A (free) dinner reception
Submissions need to contain:
- Full contact address with affiliation, phone, e-mail
- A 2-page extended abstract describing the novelties and advantages of the thesis work of not more than 1600 words (PDF). The abstract should also include name and affiliation.
- Either (a) a University-approved thesis proposal (PDF) or (b) one published paper (PDF)
Submit this material to the DATE online submission system at https://www.softconf.com/date21/phdforum/ .
- Submission deadline: Monday, 02 November 2020 23:59:59 CET
- Notification of acceptance: Monday, 07 December 2020
- Presentation at DATE: Monday, 01 February 2021
Robert Wille, Johannes Kepler University Linz, DE
phd-forumdate-conference [dot] com
About the sponsors
EDAA is a nonprofit association. Its purpose is to operate for educational, scientific and technical purposes for the benefit of the international electronics design and design automation community. The Association, in the field of design and design automation of electronic circuits and systems, promotes a series of high quality technical international conferences and workshops across Europe and cooperates actively to maintain harmonious relationships with other national and international technical societies and groups promoting the purpose of the Association. EDAA is the main sponsor of DATE, the premier Design, Automation and Test Conference and Exhibition in Europe.
The ACM Special Interest Group on Design Automation is organized and operated exclusively for educational, scientific, and technical purposes in design automation. The mission of SIGDA and its activities includes collecting and disseminating information in design automation through a newsletter and other publications; organizing sessions at conferences of the ACM; sponsoring conferences, symposia, and workshops; organizing projects and working groups for education, research, and development; serving as a source of technical information for the Council and subunits of the ACM; and representing the opinions and expertise of the members- hip on matters of technical interest to SIGDA or ACM.
The IEEE Council on Electronic Design Automation (CEDA) provides a focal point for Electronic Design Automation (EDA) and embedded systems research and promotion activities spread across six IEEE societies: Antennas and Propagation, Circuits and Systems, Computer, Electron Devices, Microwave Theory and Techniques, and Solid-State Circuits. The Council sponsors or co-sponsors over a dozen key EDA and embedded systems conferences, and publishes IEEE Transactions on CAD, IEEE Design & Test of Computers, and IEEE Embedded Systems Letters. CEDA is continuously involved in promoting research in engineering performed by young researchers and professionals, and recognizing its leaders via the A. Richard Newton Award, Early Career Award, and Phil Kaufmann Awards.
Download further information: