BarCamp @ DATE
To present and discuss ideas and results of the ongoing scientific work, we invite researchers, engineers and students from the areas of electronic design automation (EDA), microelectronics and (embedded) systems design to our open BarCamp event.
Monday, 01.02.2021, 9:30 a.m. (see also The Schedule below for the details)
Virtual (online) at https://barcamp.date-conference.com .
Share ideas and results of your ongoing work in one of the following four umbrella-topics
A BarCamp is massively relaxing the formal event structure by letting the participants play an active role in deciding the agenda. With nothing but your knowledge, your interest and your willingness to learn and discuss, you are prepared to join any session. To propose a topic as a session on its own, you only need to give a 2-3 minute 'session pitch' (some very introductory words about your topic). During the sessions we explain, discuss and jointly develop the topics with everybody's knowledge level taken into consideration. Meeting and discussing on par with each other ensures everyone's individual interests and work can and will benefit from the others:
The BarCamp @ DATE provides this informal, open space to you! You are welcome to bring your colleagues, and share the BarCamp event with anyone who might be interested, especially anyone who might be helpful for your topic!
The BarCamp is shaped by its participants - like you!
To build this open and creative atmosphere every BarCamper is asked to follow the 'Rules of BarCamp' :
- You do talk about BarCamp.
- You do blog about BarCamp.
- If you want to present, you must write your topic and name in a presentation slot.
- Only short intros.
- As many presentations at a time as facilities will allow for.
- No pre-scheduled presentations, no tourists.
- Presentations will go on as long as they have to or until they run into another presentation slot.
- If this is your first time at BarCamp, you HAVE to present.
(Ok, you don't really HAVE to, but try to find someone to present with, or at least ask questions and be an interactive participant.)
To prepare yourself to be an interactive participant at DATE BarCamp, please review the following hints:
- Install, become familiar with and even update to the latest version of:
- Have a look at the following video recording of our 'preparation dry-run' to get an understanding of the common parts of BarCamp (i.e. introduction, session proposal, session voting, scheduling and the open sessions themselves), the typical way BarCamp works, and how we will use Zoom, Miro and Slack to provide as much of the interactivity of a face-to-face BarCamp.
- Prepare your session proposals simply as plain-texts with a title and, some keywords (hashtags) and/or two short sentences (questions or claims), to outline what you want to discuss.
- While spontaneous pitches are welcome you can help us to prepare the DATE BarCamp agenda by sending us your topic proposal beforehand via email: young-people-programdate-conference [dot] com.
For questions and more information get in touch with the young-people-programdate-conference [dot] com (Young People Program Chairs) of the DATE conference or with the contactedaBarCamp [dot] de (co-organisers) of the edaBarCamp.
We suggest following umbrella-topics:
BarCamp will be on 01.02.2021.
|9:00 - 9:30||Welcome & Introduction into the BarCamp's concept|
|9:30 - 11:00||Session Pitches|
|11:00 - 11:30||Scheduling the Session Wall|
|11:30 - 12:30||Lunch Break|
|12:30 - 13:30||Session 1|
|13:30 - 14:30||Session 2|
|14:30 - 15:00||Coffee-Break|
|15:00 - 16:00||Session 3|
|16:00 - 17:00||Session 4|
|17:00 - 19:00||PhD-Forum|
|19:00 - 20:00||Feedback-Talk|
During DATE registration, please select BarCamp attendance. If you want to participate in BarCamp only, please contact young-people-programdate-conference [dot] com for manual registration. The registration fee for BarCamp is 30,00 EUR.
In order to contact the organisers, please write an email to young-people-programdate-conference [dot] com
BarCamp @ DATE is part of the Young People Program. In order to find out about other DATE events for young people, please visit www.date-conference.com/young-people-program