Special Initiative on Autonomous Systems Design (ASD)
Fueled by the progress of artificial intelligence, autonomous systems become more and more integral parts of many Internet-of-Things (IoT) and Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) applications, such as automated driving, robotics, avionics and industrial automation. Autonomous systems are self-governed and self-adaptive systems that are designed to operate in an open and evolving environment that has not been completely defined at design time. This poses a unique challenge to the design and verification of dependable autonomous systems. The DATE Special Initiative on Autonomous Systems Design on Thursday and Friday will include peer-reviewed papers, invited contributions and interactive sessions addressing these challenges.
Areas of Interest
We welcome your contributions within the scope of the event. The main areas of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Concepts, Algorithms and Formal Methods for Autonomy
- Platforms for Autonomous Systems
- Architectures for Autonomous Systems
- Middleware and Frameworks (e.g. ROS) for Autonomous Systems
- Models and HW/SW Mechanisms for Self-Awareness and Self-Adaptation
- Design of Autonomous Systems
- Specification of Evolving Behavior (Goals,Constraints, ...)
- Design, Verification and Test of High Assurance Learning-Enabled Systems
- Design Automation for Autonomous Systems
- Dependability and Trustworthy Autonomy
- Functional Safety and Assurance Cases for Evolving and Learning-Enabled Systems
- HW/SW Mechanisms for Fail-Operational Systems
- Autonomous Systems Security
- Applications and Case Studies of Autonomous Systems
Types of Contributions
Conference Papers The special initiative features regular sessions discussing novel technical contributions. Submitted papers will undergo a peer-review process and accepted papers will appear in the DATE conference proceedings. All manuscripts should be submitted in pdf format not exceeding 6 pages.
Abstract Submission: 14 September 2020
Full Paper Submission: 21 September 2020
Acceptance Notification: 16 November 2020
Special Sessions We additionally solicit proposals for special sessions, panel discussions and invited talks, targeting hot topics and elaborating emerging challenges in the field of autonomous systems, especially that are of interest to the DATE conference participants. Special Session proposals must consist of an extended summary of up to 1,500 words in a PDF file, describing the topic, the authors/speakers, and the intended format. Submission deadline is 21 September 2020.
Interactive Contributions Interactive contributions dealing with methodologies, application kernels and models, industrial challenges, work-in-progress, prototypes and demos, software frameworks and tools are also welcome. All manuscripts should be submitted in pdf format not exceeding 4 pages. Submission deadline is 12 October 2020.
- Rolf Ernst, Technical University Braunschweig, DE
- Selma Saidi, Technical University Dortmund, DE
- Dirk Ziegenbein, Robert Bosch GmbH, DE
- Sebastian Steinhorst, Technical University Munich, DE
- Jyotirmoy Deshmukh, University of Southern California, US
- Christian Laugier, INRIA Grenoble, FR